An ongoing Success Story!
70 years of experience and the desire to innovate have allowed us to evolve and offer you global solutions.
- History -
- The company was founded in 1949 by Mr. Pierre Guérin in Mauzé-sur-le-Mignon in the southwest of France; specialised in the design and the manufacturing of stainless steel dairy equipment, the company grew rapidly and opened a new industrial site in Niort in 1962.
- From the 1970s, Pierre Guerin developed for export and obtained the license from the American company TRICLOVER for construction and distribution in Europe for pumps, valves and cleaning systems in place. It was also during this period that the company re-structured its engineering capabilities, became established as a Process integrator for dairy & food and entry into the healthcare industries.
- Through the acquisition of MORITZ Company in 1993, Pierre Guerin reinforced its independency in the mixing and agitation technologies, pursuing an intense policy of innovation in these fields, a key spin off being the development of a patented high performance three-bladed impeller, and later introducing magnetic stirrers, helicoid agitators or high speed turbines and rotor-stators for specific applications.
- In 1997 Pierre Guerin acquired Stork Systemas Alimentarios in Burgos, which became Pierre Guerin Iberica, and positioning itself as a leader in Spain for tanks, process lines and cheese making equipment.
- 1998 represented a turning point for Pierre Guerin’s position in the Life Sciences, with the acquisition of Biolafitte; a world reference in the field of laboratory and industrial bioreactors for Biotechnology. Since then, growth in this specialised activity has flourished with Pierre Guerin gaining many prestigious references in the fields of vaccines, therapeutic proteins, blood derivatives, monoclonal antibodies, ingredients, enzymes and biomass, and all around the world: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States of America amongst others.
- In the year 2000 Pierre Guerin created a subsidiary Pierre Guerin Ltd to develop market share and services in the UK & Ireland while consolidating its position in the US market with the acquisition of Biolafitte Inc. and then the creation in 2006 of the European/American Joint-Venture DCI-Biolafitte.
- The same year, a strategic alliance with the ATMI group (today PALL) was set up to develop a range of single-use bioreactors.
For many years, Pierre Guerin has established its reputation as a manufacturer of “high-end” technical vats in the wine sector, with prestigious achievements in the Bordelais and in Champagne, but also internationally for equipment at the cutting edge of innovation (“Pigeage” tanks, frustoconical tanks, multi-compartment tanks, Vinexpert, etc.). At the same time, capitalising on the references of turn-key units for fresh-cheese and desserts production in Europe, North Africa and Asia, Pierre Guerin consolidated a strong position as a leading vessel specialist and process integrator for the Food & Beverage industries.
- The booming biotechnology market in Asian countries, particularly in China, led in2014 to the creation of the PG China subsidiary, with the objective of increasing business activity in the biopharma sector.
- 2017, creation of PG DEUTSCHLAND in Hildesheim, Germany. The new subsidiary provides local support to this regional market, including neighbouring countries: Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, ...from design through installation, to commissioning and services.
- At the end of 2018, the Spanish PG Ibérica subsidiary had a major investment at its Burgos site by inaugurating a brand new factory, modernizing and thereby increasing the factory vessel production capacities.
- 2019, PIERRE GUERIN entered a new phase in its strategic development by joining the ENGIE Group and consolidates its cutting-edge technical know-how, while continuing to grow. This operation expands the Group’s range of services, enabling high value-added operations to be carried out while meeting the needs of its customers e.g. in Carbon responsibility and bringing the best technological solutions to their industrial processes.
- In 2020, in order to ensure a stronger territorial anchorage, the group opened its third production site in the Dushan district, south of Shanghai, China. This site is intended to supply the Chinese and Asian markets in the food, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors.